Accounts and Finance
Accounts and Finance
Our Accounts Teams play an integral part in the success of our businesses; they work extremely hard to help ensure every area of each dealership is performing efficiently and to its maximum potential.
Our Accounts Teams remit is wide and varied. They’re responsible for:
- The timely and accurate production of monthly accounts and manufacturer reports
- Credit control
- Payment of suppliers
- Cash management
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Maintenance of all underlying accounts records
- Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place and regular review thereof
- Production of annual statutory accounts and liaison with the auditors
- Production of all necessary information for the company’s corporation tax computations
- And much, much more!
No two days are ever the same in our Accounts Teams and their importance to the success of the business cannot be overstated. This is why every Dealership Accountant is a part of the Senior Management Team, helping to shape the general business strategy and assisting wherever they can in the day-to-day running of the business.
The key skills for anyone wishing to join our Accounts teams are:
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Technical competence, not necessarily evidenced by exam success
- Excellent communicator; both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of humour
- Flexible ‘can-do’ approach
- Willingness to learn and develop
If you like what you have read and want to apply for one of our Accounts and Finance positions, you can view all of the relevant job vacancies we have available below.
If there are not any suitable roles available currently, please use the ‘Register CV’ facility to send us your details and our Personnel Team will contact you as and when a suitable vacancy becomes available.
Inside Dick Lovett
Paul explains the secrets behind delivering a fantastic sales experience for our customers.
Cheryl tells us how a small idea she implemented at her dealership grew into something much bigger!
From a Trainee to winning MINI UK's 'Parts Advisor of the Year' award, Ian gives an insight into what drives him to be the best.
Dick Lovett has grown to become one of the South West's leading automotive retailers, representing a number of the motoring industry's biggest and most prestigious manufacturers. Come and grow with us.